1. extremely high max. allowable service temperature in air ( PI-1 : 240°C continuously, with short term excursions up to 450°C )
2. excellent retention of mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance over a wide range of temperatures
3. good sliding properties and excellent wear resistance
4. very good dimensional stability
5. inherent low flammability
6. good electrical insulating and dielectric properties ( only applies to PI-1 )
7. low outgassing ( except water )
8. high ionic purity level ( PI-1 )
9. excellent resistance against high energy radiation
‧Ring & tubes
UHMW-PE (Natural / Black / Green):
It sets the standard for engineered polymers with a unique combination of wear and corrosion resistance, low friction surface and impact strength.
Resistant to chemical attack and moisture absorption, and retains key physical properties to -200°C.
An excellent general-purpose material, it is a cost-effective solution for food handling problems.
UHMW-PE BOROLENE (UPE+boron) :
Specifically developed for neutron shielding purposes in nuclear installations and medical applications. The high hydrogen content of PE-(U)HMW makes it very suitable for slowing down fast neutrons to lower energy thermal (slow) neutrons, which are then absorbed by the added boron compound.